“First World Treatment at Third World Costs”
A combination of three key factors – quality, availability and cost has been key factors in fuelling the phenomenal growth witnessed in the Indian medical tourism industry. India is a leading player in the medical Tourism. It is increasingly emerging as the destination for medical tourism for a wide range of medical facilities for foreign patients. There are numerous advantages of coming to India for treatment for foreigners. Some of the advantages of coming to India for medical treatment are:
World Class Quality
India has a number of hospitals, large pool of doctors (approx 7, 00,000), nurses & supporting staff with required specialization and expertise and the language advantage (English speaking skills) servicing patients. Many of these doctors after having specialized and practiced in the Western countries have returned home to set up impressive state of the art facilities with the latest in equipment, technology and service levels particularly in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune, Hyderabad and Chennai. The highly skilled doctors with wide experience and international exposure excel in Cardiology and Cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedic surgery, Obesity surgery, Gastroenterology, Ophthalmology, Dental, and Urology and Cosmetic/Plastic surgery departments.
Already 17 Indian hospitals have been accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI). Accreditation and compliance with quality expectations are important since they provide tourists with confidence that the services are meeting international standards. Almost all Indian Hospitals servicing Medical Tourists are accredited either by Joint Commission International (JCI) or National Board for Accreditation of Hospitals and Heath Care and follow International safety standards. India remains a safe and preferred medical tourism destination.
No waiting Period and Low Cost
Patients in USA, Britain, Canada and some other developed countries have to wait for the major surgery and sometime this waiting period is more than few months. In this respect India have almost zero waiting time for surgeries. This has resulted in attracting number of foreign patients from Britain, USA, Canada to India for their medical treatments.
* Always been most attractive destination for the visitors around the globe.
* India has popular indigenous traditional healthcare system which include Ayurveda, Meditation, Siddha, Unani, Naturopathy, and Yoga.
* Unani System of Medicine is an ancient way of disease diagnosis and cure.
* India has been a tourist hot spot because of its mysticism, spirituality and rich history and culture.
* Some of the Great sites are Ellora Caves, Goa Beach, Golden Temple, Khajjiar Hills, Khajuraho Temples, Madurai Temple, Rajasthan Deserts, Taj Mahal, Red Fort – New Delhi.
Future of Medical Tourism in India
* Medical tourism is a growing sector in India. India’s medical tourism sector is expected to experience an annual growth rate of 30%, making it a Rs. 9,500-crore industry by 2015. Estimates of the value of medical tourism to India go as high as $2 billion a year by 2015.
* India is quickly becoming a hub for medical tourists seeking quality healthcare at an affordable cost. No of foreign tourists are expected to rise by 2015. Availability of alternative medicine healthcare services, like Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, etc. makes it all much more appealing for India to attract foreigners a lot of countries including USA, UK, Canada, and South Africa. India has immense potential for future growth and development in this sector. Hence, hospitals in India have a very bright future. Medical tourism in India has promising future.